Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Podcast

The first podcast I listened to was a podcast published by the Mississippi Department of Education. This podcast was a video dramatization titled A Critical Incident: What to do in the first 20 minutes. The podcast dramatized a shooter entering a school and the first steps that should be taken in a critical incident like that.
The second podcast I listened to was also a podcast published by the Mississippi Department of Education. This podcast was also a video of a lady name Dr. Lynn House, the Deputy Superintendent for the Mississippi Department of Education. In this video podcast she discusses the pathway to success for students when taking the test required by common core standards. She uses three "R's" to describe what students need in order to excel on these test. They are: Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships.
I had never watched a podcast until this assignment. I found that they caught my attention more than reading articles do. An article can sometimes be boring and I have to force myself to read it. With the podcast, I found them more interesting and easier to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment