Thursday, September 11, 2014

Horizon Report:
  • This report is done annually to identify emerging technology likely to have an impact over five years in every sector of education in countries around the globe.
  • 6 trends split into 3 movement related categories that are likely to drive technology planning and decison- making over the next five years. The three categories are: policy, leadership, practice.
  • The teachers role is becoming that of a mentor, visiting with groups and individual learners during class to help guide them while students have more say in learning.
  • RESPECT project: Recognizing Educational Success, Professional Excellence, and Collaborative Teaching. An educator led initative in the US to better prepare students for workforce.
  • When students work on self-directed projects they think critically and communicate effectively. This masters core academic content.
  • One of the most compelling uses of wearable technology is their potential to enhance fieldtrips.
  • Analytics personalizes the learning experience and helps organization in the classroom.
  • School leaders are taking note of Minecraft for potentional learning. Students use this game to learn Math and develop skills.

3 comments:

  1. It's good that teachers are becoming mentors to further help the children. The RESPECT project is also a great thing to help better prepare students. Another good technique school leaders are doing is using Minecraft for learning since the game is actually played by children already so it's good to incorporate what they already know to further what they could know. Great points :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have mentioned the RESPECT project. It is something that I completely missed when reading the horizon report myself. I think the ideas behind that project are very useful. I also like the emphasis on self-directed projects so that students can think critically. However I think that it is important that teachers are there to help students when they reach stumbling blocks in their self-directed endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you mentioned the six trends and the three policies; I had that in mine as well. I also like that you mentioned the RESPECT project. Personally I found it creative to use a game like Minecraft to help benefit the way students learn something like math. Great points!

    ReplyDelete